The creative economy and tourism go hand-in-hand in Greater New Haven. With Yale University as the artistic core, the region supports numerous arts organizations, galleries and museums. The percentage of businesses in the region that are “arts centric” is 4.49% compared to the national average of 2.52%. This creative industry has generated significant new employment opportunities and contributed directly to the economic growth of the region. Visitors to Yale-New Haven Hospital, Yale University and the Knights of Columbus provide a strong base for the region's tourism industry. With the vast array of experiences, South Central Connecticut often serves as a weekend getaway for frazzled New Yorkers. For additional information on the region's attractions, check out www.visitNewHaven.com.
Click here to download the 2015 fact sheet from AHLA for Connecticut.
Museums & Galleries
- Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library
- Eli Whitney Museum
- Henry Whitfield House Museum
- Ireland's Great Hunger Museum
- Knights of Columbus Museum
- New Haven Museum
- Shore Line Trolley Museum
- Yale Center for British Art
- Yale Collection of Musical Instruments
- Yale Peabody Museum
- Yale University Art Gallery