REDFO (Regional Economic Development Forum) Meetings
- There is no August meeting
- The November meeting is typically rescheduled due to Thanksgiving
- The December meeting is typically rescheduled due to Christmas
Check our calendar of events for the current REDFO meeting dates.
Connecticut's Best Practices in Economic Development & Land Use Planning
The Connecticut Economic Development Association (CEDAS) has developed a certification program to encourage best practices in municipal economic development and land use to spur continuous improvement. The program is intended to drive communities to pursue excellence in land use and economic development practices and to recognize the communities that have established best practices.
In the pursuit of best practices, planners and economic development professionals can use this program to engage community stakeholders in discussions about how to achieve higher standards and develop creative, community specific ways to implement them.
This program will:
- Accelerate the sharing of best practices across the entire state;
- Improve the overall quality of economic development services at the local level;
- And, ultimately result in more economic development in Connecticut.
Evaluation and Certification
Applicants will be evaluated by a committee consisting of a representatives from each of our collaborating partners. Every three years, communities can re-submit for recertification and demonstrate continuous improvement. 2019 recipients will receive a certification plaque presented at the CEDAS Annual Awards event in October 2019.