When you do business in New Haven, you've got a lot of support. Whether you need technical assistance, financing, access to data or access to government purchasers, programs exist to offer assistance and cut red tape. If you don't know how to get started or where to go for help, contact the EDC. We're here to get your New Haven business moving in the right direction.
Consider just a few options:
- The Connecticut Small Business Development Center is dedicated to advising and nurturing small businesses at the grass roots level.
- SCORE "Counselors to America's Small Business" is a nonprofit association dedicated to educating entrepreneurs and the formation, growth and success of small business nationwide. SCORE is a partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). http://www.newhavenscore.com/
- The U.S. Small Business Administration can help you launch your business plan.
Alternative Debt Financing
- The U.S. Small Business Administration recognizes that small business is critical to our economic recovery and strength, to building America's future, and to helping the United States compete in today's global marketplace. The SBA helps Americans start, build and grow businesses.
- The Community Economic Development Fund is focused on strengthening neighborhood economies by providing flexible financial and technical support to small businesses, community organizations and targeted communities, and to help low- and moderate-income individuals throughout Connecticut. http://www.cedf.com/
- The Angel Investor Forum invests in promising opportunities whose potential rewards are commensurate with recognized risks. The organization provides $100,000 to $2 million in capital to companies that offer a high return potential to investors. www.angelinvestorforum.com
- The Small Business Investment Company is dedicated to improving and stimulating the national economy and small businesses by stimulating and supplementing the flow of private equity capital and long term loan funds.
- The National Venture Capital Association is comprised of more than 450 member firms, and is the premier trade association representing the U.S. venture capital industry.
Free Data Resources
Local Property Search
DECD Minority Owned Businesses Information
To meet that end DECD is seeking to generate immediate and continued awareness about programs and services offered by the State and its partners through a concerted multi-pronged approach that combines community partnering, media management, and outreach efforts to reach target audience.
Our first step has been to establish a toll free bilingual number to assist and answer the questions of small business owners and entrepreneurs around the issues of obtaining state funding and getting access to state contracts.
That number is 1.844.257.9503
Take a look at all New Haven has to offer!